[x3d-public] List of X3D problems or missing features, from the point of view of Michalis and Castle Game Engine

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 10:25:54 PST 2018

> Michalis,
> Thanks again for sharing your compositing shaders techniques with freewrl
> project.
> And I crave a web3d-legal way to do blend mode (material x texture).
> -Doug
> I suspect these ideas would need to be submitted through web3d specs
> comments form -whereby you sign away claims / ownership- to ever make it
> into the future specs, unless specs committee stumbles onto the same ideas
> independently.
> http://www.web3d.org/content/web3d-standards-comment-form

As for legal stuff: I hereby release any rights to the ideas and prose
on https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki . Consider it all
public domain. I added appropriate note to the bottom
of https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki .

As for spec comments -- some of my issues are already submitted. I
think I submitted the multi-texturing problems at least 3 times as
spec comments :) Quotes/backslashes clarifications are also submitted
(by me, and others as well, as I heard).

In practice, posting about them on this list caused more progress --
we had discussions and consensus about fixing them on x3d-public and
teleconference, which was good. For some issues, I also see the
understandable need to discuss about them first in the open. So this
open mailing list seems more suitable as a "first place for
discussion" :)

Regards,
Michalis