[x3d-public] Physically Based Materials (PBR) in X3D

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:03:58 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

(And "Hi" to Don especially -- this mail was inspired by our talk
today, in which we ended talking about PBR. Thank you again!)

I wrote a little summary of my knowledge and thoughts about
physical-based rendering (PBR) in X3D on

    https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Include-PhysicalMaterial-and-PhysicalEnvironmentLight-in-the-official-X3D-specification

This is mostly a summary of what I learned in recent months about PBR.
I do not really propose anything that wasn't already proposed before,
but I try to summarize my knowledge and provide useful links. Maybe it
will be helpful for others too :) Many thanks go to everyone on this
list, esp. Leonard Daly and Andreas Plesch, for all the informative
mails about glTF and PBR!

Best regards,
Michalis