[x3d-public] Fixing DOM2JSONSerializer.js

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 04:05:42 PDT 2018

So I've been trying to think how to solve the fieldValue type (arrays,
booleans being treated like SFStrings) problems in DOM2JSON Serializer.   I
know I have to find the type in the field declaration.  Which is stored in
the ProtoDeclare and ExternProtoDeclare.   So it should be easy to find the
Protos by name, except in the case where there's a USE in a prototype
instance, in that case, I have to look for a DEF first.   And I have to
handle scoping.   This seems like a job for the ProtoExpander, but I'm
pretty sure I don't want the whole thing.

Any thoughts about making it inline versus a postprocess?