[x3d-public] Bad interactions between X3DOM and X_ITE. Small demo

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:47:05 PDT 2018

This fixed my issues.  Thanks everyone!

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: John Carlson
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:26 PM
To: holger.seelig at yahoo.de; Andreas Plesch; x3dom mlist; x3d-public at web3d.org
Subject: Bad interactions between X3DOM and X_ITE. Small demo

I finally have a small demo which shows bad interactions between X3DOM and X_ITE that isn’t reliant on any of my libraries.  Can someone look at this to see if

1. I am doing something wrong
2. It can be fixed

Click on the buttons in different orders between reloads to see different behaviors.  If you click on the X_ITE buttons first, then boxes and spheres will appear.  If you click on X3DOM button first, then X_ITE buttons won’t work all the way (I have seen cases where 2 shapes appear).   I believe the more you load the X3DOM button, but fewer X_ITE scenes will appear, indicating that X3DOM is not releasing resources, but I’m not sure.   That requires further testing.

If we can fix this case, I might have a second case, depending on whether the first case fix fixes the second case or not.

I have duplicated this problem in Firefox.

Yes, I am aware of limited WebGL contexts.  I believe this problem shows up if you have 2 X3DOM canvas and 2 X_ITE canvas after 5 or so reloads of each canvas.

Basically, X3DOM is starving X_ITE, X3DOM needs to stop hogging and X_ITE needs to develop some offenses and defenses.

Thanks,