[x3d-public] X3D meeting agenda 28 March 2018

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:55:32 PDT 2018

The X3D Working addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.

	X3D Graphics Working Group
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

We will meet at regular time (0800 pacific) next Wednesday 28 March 2018 using Web3D Teleconference line.

	Web3D Teleconference
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

Here is our agenda for next week.

1. *Humanoid Animation (HAnim) Update*. Quite a lot is happening.  We will briefly summarize.

2. *X3D Profiles page*. The following page hasn't been tended very well (current version attached).  We will review and improve it.

There are many helpful links that can be added, we should also try to figure out where it is linked from.

	X3D Profiles
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/profiles

3. *Public and Member Feedback.* Many ways are available to discuss issues.  They are listed at

	X3D Resources: Feedback
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Feedback

Feedback on the specification is provided by using the form.

	Web3D Standards Comment Form
	http://www.web3d.org/content/web3d-standards-comment-form

* The form is used for identifying specification issues, detailed bug reports, suggestions and changes.
* Reporting problems and recommending changes are important steps, they prevent grief for future authors and implementers.
* Sending in the report gets the issue into the bug-tracking system and also sent to the mailing list for discussion.
* If you first login as a Web3D Consortium member, a log of your posts is maintained for your convenience.

X3D working group then adds the new issues to the Mantis issue tracker.  Discussion on email and teleconference helps our shared understanding and lets us "zero in" on precise improvements.

4. *Mantis Issues.*  This is where issues and progress are tracked by Web3D members.

We will continue the pattern of working on Mantis issues every other week, reviewing new posts and performing triage (accept/request info/resolve).

To get directly into the Mantis issue tracker:

	http://www.web3D.org
	Web3Dmember login
	menu: MEMBERS > CONTENT > MANTIS ISSUE TRACKER

	now a second (repeated) member login is required...

	now a third (repeated) member login is required...
	http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/login_page.php

	finally landing at
	http://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/my_view_page.php

Difficulties can be sorted out during the call, or help requested at

	Web3D: Contact Us
	http://www.web3d.org/contact

5. Community participants are welcome to join this important activity.  To learn more and join, please see

	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

Thanks for all interest and activity.  Have fun with X3D!