[x3d-public] Default value of attribute remover for X3D XML?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Mar 27 20:54:14 PDT 2018

On 3/21/2018 12:55 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Don, is there a tool which strips out attributes if they are set to the default value for X3D XML?  Thanks!

Yes very important for X3D Canonicalization (C14N).
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-3/V3.3/Part03/concepts.html#X3DCanonicalForm

> I need to run it on my own files.

X3D Tidy (xslt stylesheet)
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dTidy.html

X3D Canonicalizer
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/x3d/code/www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/canonical/doc/x3dTools.htm

Both of these are built into X3D-Edit for easy author use.

X3D Canonicalizer is also applied during the Ant builds of X3D Examples to ensure that version-control scenes are consistently saved (and consistently diff-able).

X3DJSAIL also omits default values of attributes when outputting .x3d models.  There might be some current shortfalls (we should add such a diff to version-control examples testing) but it is engineered to match, and is likely pretty close at this point.

X3DJSAIL, X3D Java Scene Access Interface Library
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/X3DJSAIL.html