[x3d-public] Running draft07 X3D JSON schemas against X3dExampleArchivesJsonScenes.zip (and maybe others)

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 02:25:05 PDT 2018

Vince,  Don,

Note that I’ve detected a possible problem with STEP -> JSON conversion.   See detail below.  Please insure that converted STEP files pass X3D Validator, if you haven’t already. If they do, then we will address the standard, or the JSON schema.  Thanks!

Draft07 schemas are here: https://github.com/coderextreme/x3droundtrip/tree/master/stdschemabackup.   These should be the standard 3.3 JSON schema plus my changes for draft07, and additions for XvlShell and headlight (3.0).  I believe the draft04 X3D JSON schema is a backup in that folder for your reference.

Result of running with everit validator attached.

90 of these errors have to do with geoSystem, which we’ve likely seen before—I don’t know the detail however, I just think there’s probably still an “N” (north) in these files.
63 have to do with -shape[containerField] containing (Group), which are probably new, possible issues with Schema—add Group, or STEP converter—use Transform, not Group???? I’ll let people who are closer to the X3D standard figure this one out.
23 are -14 in NancyDivingProtoInstances.json  I’m not sure this file is up-to-date with the X3D XML file.  Let’s see if this file is getting updated by the process of conversion.

220 total lines.

Please send potential schema changes through a pull request (change all schemas affected) and email the group as well.  Thanks!

Once we have a handle on these, we will move to the generated draft07 schema (which I modified to put the draft07 at the top ☹).   Note that my schema has half the error reports 😊 ☹, the error reports are quite different (none of the above are mentioned—whoops!), so we have a lot of work to do.