[x3d-public] Invalid geoSystem values in X3D Resources Basic Geospatial examples.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun May 13 04:31:14 PDT 2018

Then the version of the document should be upgraded to 4.0 or above, and
the corresponding schema updated.   I can upgrade the schema for all
versions, since it is hard coded into the schema generator.   But really we
need support from the object model if possible.   Right now, I have to
explicitly allow it for all versions, since I use stdin/stdout instead of
files.  Does the unified object model specify a version # in its contents?
When the unified object model supports "N" in a usable fashion, then I can
code something into the schema, or delete the requirement to check
geoSystem.

Thanks, away from computer presently, or I would check.

I don't see why Roy went to all the effort to create a schema, if we are
going to ignore it?

This applies in many areas...if we merely have supported values, yet others
must be accepted, why is there a standard?

I don't believe it's ambiguous in this case of X3D.   A missing "N" means
Northern Hemisphere.

John