[x3d-public] lights in switch nodes

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun May 13 23:17:40 PDT 2018

On 5/11/2018 7:15 PM, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> 1. One rule is that lights that are not traversed (e.g. are in unused
> Switch or LOD child) should not have any effect on the visible shapes.
> I.e. these lights do not contribute to the visible shapes' color.

Hi Michalis.  Am looking for the specification section that governs such behavior but not finding it... please advise.

Partial:

4.3.5 Transformation hierarchy
"Some nodes, such as Switch or LOD, contain a list of children, of which at most one is traversed during rendering."

This seems implicit, possibly vague/incomplete.  Hopefully some stronger statement can be found, otherwise maybe we should add one.