[x3d-public] CDATA sections don't show up on this X3D Resources Example, BasicShaders, that I can see in the decorated X3D

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:49:04 PDT 2018

I don't know if spec comments is fixed yet, I'll say an idea and my
intention is that the same rules apply to it as if I had done the spec
comment form.
X3D SPEC COMMENT PUBLIC CONDITION APPLIES >>>>>>>>
Could / should there be something in x3d equivalent to (in C) #ifdef that
x3d parsers can filter based on the browser or other criteria?

<condition name='browser' value='x_ite'>
<condition_true>
... nodes
</condition_true>
<condition_false>
.. nodes
</condition_false>
</condition>

Then any un-reconcilable differences in browser technology can be filtered
either at parse time, or by some ETL extract transform load filtering tool
that take out the conditional elements.
Maybe xml has that already?
And authoring tools could support all browser technology with one file.
<<<<<<<<<<< X3D SPEC COMMENT PUBLIC CONDITION APPLIES
-Doug