[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] X3DOM embedded shaders...no CDATA section tags.

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:49:08 PDT 2018

This is unrelated to x3dom.

CDATA sections are really only for xml, eg. xhtml. In html5 cdata
sections are only for foreign content:

https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#cdata-sections

Not sure if unknown elements count as foreign content, probably not. I
guess most web browser still accept cdata in html5.

-Andreas

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:54 PM, John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the X3DOM example of shaders
> https://paulmasson.github.io/x3dom-docs/tutorials/lighting/customShader/example.html
> , with embedded shaders, and there’s no CDATA section, just text nodes.
> X_ITE works with CDATA sections.   Say I’m producing DOM or XML that goes to
> both X3DOM and X_ITE, do I need special handling for each browser, or can I
> rely on a single standard that works across all browsers?
>

> Do I need to create Text nodes for shaders with X3DOM, and CDATA sections
> for X_ITE?
>

> What does X3dToJson.xslt do when it sees a Text node as opposed to a CDATA
> section? Is #sourceText created in both cases?
>

> Is CDATA the official standard for Shaders?
>

> Thanks,

Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453