[x3d-public] both X3DOM and X_ITE.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:33:27 PDT 2018

I found this:

http://lo-th.github.io/Avatar.lab/

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: John Carlson
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 11:23 AM
To: Joe D Williams
Subject: Re: both X3DOM and X_ITE.

I'd also be afraid that JavaScript isn't up to the HAnim animation task.  Got any examples of JavaScript HAnim?

On Mon, May 28, 2018, 10:42 AM Joseph D Williams <joedwil at earthlink.net> wrote:
• > both X3DOM and X_ITE …

The discussions about both X3DOM and X_ITE are, to me, missing a very important feature. Neither of these tools can do HAnim skeleton controlled deformable skin. This is a very important feature, lending itself to many important applications in addition to HAnim. There have been several discussions about the hanim joint(s) to deformable skin bindings and as far as I have seen, there is no doubt that the way x3d specifies the basic, most simple, and most transportable technique to achieve the result. So, as the HAnim standard takes the next step, why not move a bit toward implementing this important capability in your browsers. BSContact does it, I think Instant does it mostly but x3dom and x_ite don’t.

Thanks and Best,
Joe