[x3d-public] X3D working group meeting minutes16 NOV 2018, DRAFT

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Fri Nov 16 11:26:02 PST 2018

> 2. X3D Semantic Web Working Group
>
> Discuss and continue improving the draft pages, specifically charter.
>
> * X3D Semantic Web Working Group
>       http://www.web3d.org/x3d-semantic-web-working-group
>
> * X3D Semantic Web Working Group Charter
>       http://www.web3d.org/x3d-semantic-web-working-group-charter
>
> * X3D Semantic Web Wiki
>       http://www.web3d.org/member/wiki/x3d-semantic-web-wiki
>
> Added cross-links to these sites.
>
> Noted that editing was difficult, the Drupal portal Edit version does not look quite the same as the Publish version.
> * Membership reminder sent to prospective participants
> * Webmaster please edit/view inconsistencies, updating CSS or Drupal if needed to fix,
> * Webmaster please ensure that Vince and Nicholas have edit permissions to first links.
> * Webmaster please ensure that Christophe has access, he is having difficulty seeing it.

The data types of the WG page needs to change. This is a copy and paste
operation. Once that is done only the author and any account with
'Content Management' role can edit it. The author is typically one of
the WG chairs. I can copy the page, but it is best to wait until the WG
page is complete so that multiple people can work on the page. It is not
possible to make the current page look like a regular WG page. Just make
sure that the section of the WG page are clearly marked in the draft
document.

The Charter pages go into a protected area with very limited modify
access. This is only done after the BOD approves the charter, making it
a fixed document.

I will make sure all internal links are correct in these two documents
when I move them. Note that the URL of both of these documents will
change. It is best if links from other pages in Web3D.org are kept to a
minimum. These pages should NOT have links to them from outside
Web3D.org. Those links will break when the pages get moved to their
final location.

Christophe's access is being handled separately.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant