[x3d-public] HAnim and glTF skins

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:56:52 PST 2018

Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am collecting information on these skinning systems here:
>
> https://github.com/andreasplesch/x3dom/wiki/HAnim-and-glTF-skins
>
> [This is a editable wiki if anybody wants to add to it]
>
> It looks like the less well known
>
> jointBindingPositions/Rotations/Scales and skinBindingCoords/Normals
>
> fields used for non-humanoid skeletons may be useful but I am not
> certain how to interprete those fields. Castle may not implement those
> as a search did not find a match ?

I didn't even know such fields existed :) They are not listed in X3D
spec ( http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/hanim.html#HAnimHumanoid
), but indeed they are in the H-Anim spec you linked (
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19774-1/V2.0/HAnim/ObjectInterfaces.html#Humanoid
).

So Castle Game Engine / view3dscene doesn't implement them.

I don't yet have a good answer about their meaning :)

Regards,
Michalis