[x3d-public] [x3d] X3D Working Group agenda 12 October 2018; RDF/OWL graph visualization

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Oct 14 17:21:57 PDT 2018

On 10/12/2018 3:18 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Note, I’ve done a WebVOWL visualization of X3D with VOWL after converting the X3D XML schema to OWL.  I can send you a video link if you are interested. With the right tools, it’s a few hours work, if you want to get a slowish visualization working.
>
> John

Sounds great, please post both the visualization and the Schema conversion to OWL.  These are both part of top-level goal activities for the proposed X3D Semantic Web Working Group.

This appears to be an active area.  Several papers and products were looking at RDF/OWL visualization of ontologies, relations and facts at the ISWC 2018 conference.  (Gee maybe a standards-based approach might lead to further insights mashups repeatability etc.)

 From Franz Inc. Allegrograph and Kineviz

VR Graph Exploration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUkU01pMrI

Allegrograph
https://franz.com/agraph/allegrograph/

Gruff: A Grapher-Based Triple-Store Browser for AllegroGraph
https://franz.com/agraph/gruff

Virtual reality graph exploration with Kineviz at Graphconnect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHsFPxW0NNY

AllegroGraph 6.4.4 N-dimensional Geospatial
https://franz.com/agraph/support/documentation/current/geospatial-nd.html

and

Using Virtual Reality for the Exploration of Graph Visualizations, free graph editor "yEd-Live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmvACWSli1w

Graph Visualization in VR using yEd Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxC9LP7I7tY

Force Directed Graph in VR, by Universe Theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SQcYf9tGo

Large Scale Network Visualization in VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBA0eVLglNs