[x3d-public] Water and mirrors using X3D and Castle Game Engine

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 17 07:52:23 PDT 2018

Wow, really looks great.

As you well know Michalis, these are capabilities we are pursuing for draft X3D version 4.

	X3D version 4.0 Development:  Candidate Capabilities
	http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_version_4.0_Development#Candidate_Capabilities

If you are available this Friday (or the following week) it would be great to discuss further on the weekly X3D Working Group teleconference.  Membership has value...

	Web3D Teleconference Information
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

On 10/8/2018 11:04 AM, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe you will find it interesting:) I made a new demo showing water
> using Castle Game Engine and X3D.
>
> Short movie is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2eVGdSnWJ0 .
>
> See also new documentation about "Mirrors on flat objects" on
> https://castle-engine.io/x3d_extensions_mirror_plane.php .
>
> The demo is using X3D, with some Castle Game Engine extensions, and
> you can try it yourself by:
>
> 1. getting https://github.com/castle-engine/demo-models
>
> 2. getting latest view3dscene from snapshots:
> http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/view3dscene-snapshots/
>
> 3. using that view3dcene to open
> "demo-models/water/simple/water_final_using_noise_from_shaders.x3dv"
> file.
>
> Of course, you can also look at X3D sources to see how it's done:
>
> - https://github.com/castle-engine/demo-models/blob/master/water/simple/water_final_using_noise_from_shaders.x3dv
>
> - It's using RenderedTexture, with CGE extension for planar mirrors,
> see https://castle-engine.io/x3d_extensions_mirror_plane.php .
>
> - For shaders, it's using CGE Effect nodes ("compositing shaders"
> extensions, see
> https://castle-engine.sourceforge.io/compositing_shaders.php ) to
> enhance the standard rendering with animated normals.
>
> Regards,
> Michalis

and earlier