[x3d-public] Setting up GitHub mirror of SourceForge SVN repository

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Oct 25 12:55:07 PDT 2018

Thanks for collecting so much information all in one place Michalis!

Please color me as fully supporting.  Once mirroring is set, proceeding with improved workflows one project at a time will be good certainly seems worthwhile too.  You are welcome to use any of the other information I sent you... this README can continue to improve and point the way ahead as we progress. If we proceed at a deliberate pace we can follow the First Law of Engineering:  “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

As before am thinking there may be 3 kinds/classes of projects to maintain and evolve:

A. Controlled (such as draft spec) for private access and work by Web3D members;
B. Curated (such as Schemas, DTDs, etc.) with public exposure, X3D Working Group review and approval;
C. Community (such as X3D Examples Archives, maybe X3D Tooltips) that provided validated/verified public assets for X3D use & adoption.

Am happy to confirm that we also have a good long-term location available:

   http://github.com/X3D

If time permits I hope that there is some discussion on weekly X3D Working Group teleconference, looking forward to continued steady progress.  Again thanks for your great work.

Having fun with X3D!  😀

Sent from my handheld device