[x3d-public] regexp errors in X3DJSAIL?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Sep 14 14:19:47 PDT 2018

thanks for testing and report!

The StackOverflow warning is very recent, and catches what previously was a long undiagnosed mystery exception.  note that this indication only shows that you ran out of memory, not that the attribute value is correct/incorrect.

current version for X3DJSAIL includes updates in X3dToJava.xslt that split out looong arrays into multiple calls that are more manageable.  you might want to try that approach on this scene.  we can tune the split thresholds if that helps, i have run a number of full regression tests on X3D Examples suite already to continue optimizations.

also an excellent improvement (but not quite yet done) is strict typing of values in field/fieldValue initializations.  (I think i've figured out unknown-type-during-initial-scene-loading but expect to need another week or two to finish that.

onward...