[x3d-public] Generating 3D complex narrative; statistics on X3D or XML files

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Sun Sep 16 09:44:37 PDT 2018

John,

Somehow I am missing your motivation to asking these questions. It would
help me understand these questions, their implications, and what
possible answers might be if I understood more of what is causing you to
think along these lines and ask questions.

Leonard Daly

> What are various approaches to generating 3D complex narrative
> worlds?   There’s schema based, procedurally generated.  Would a
> chaotic or quantum generator of 3D worlds be possible?  Do we come up
> with the narrative first, then input it into a neural network to
> convert to XML? What’s the best way to generate narrative at this
> point? Should we approach it with text first, and then do something
> like XtraNormal did to produce animation?
>
> May I present that X3D 4.1 include complex (real and
> imaginary-virtual) narrative components.  Perhaps we could introduce
> chaos in the physics component if not already there.   An quantum too.
>
> I’m really working on creating more realistic test data.
>
> Should we attach appearance frequency to the schema? Other ideas?
>
> Has anyone done analysis on XML artifacts and can provide code or
> statistics on artifacts? Thanks!  I am thinking of some hierarchical
> statistics structure I don’t know of.  Could we provide statistics
> from within X3DJSAIL or an add-on?
>
> I am thinking that we could incorporate some of Alexander’s Nature of
> Order in the placement of features.
>
> Has anyone else thought on these topics? What do spatiotemporal
> databases allow you to do?
>
> Will X3D 4.1 reduce the need for virtual worlds?
>
> Thanks,

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Past Chair