[x3d-public] X3D working group meeting minutes, 21 SEP 2018

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Sep 22 07:00:03 PDT 2018

We had a brief meeting 0800-0830 pacific today for work planning.

Attendees: John Carlson, Anita Havele, Vince Marchetti, Dick Puk, Don Brutzman.

Teleconference is each Friday, 0800-0930 pacific time.  Members and invited guests welcome.

      Web3D Teleconference Information
      http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

1. Meeting 14 SEP: see item 3 by Anita and Nicholas.

Meeting minutes for 7 SEP accepted without comment:

	X3D meeting minutes, 7 SEP 2018: Specification Relationships, LocalFog, X3D regexes complete
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2018-September/009391.html

=================

2.  X3D JavaScript specification github review

Dick and I will again continue on applying editors changes to the specification prose, mostly realignment for consistency with the parent SAI specification.

	X3D, ISO-IEC 19777-1 V3.3 DIS Prep
	https://github.com/Web3DConsortium/X3D/tree/master/ISO-IEC%2019777/ISO-IEC%2019777-1/ISO-IEC%2019777-1%20V3.3/ISO-IEC%2019777-1%20V3.3%20DIS%20Prep

	Standards Adoption Process
	http://www.web3d.org/standards/adoption-process

Last call for comment: revisions to diagram appear complete, will upgrade master version

	X3D Graphics Standards Specification Relationships
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSpecificationRelationships.draft.png

to become
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSpecificationRelationships.png

=================

3.  Web3D status of all specifications

On 9/14/2018 8:17 AM, Nicholas Polys wrote:
> here is the timeline
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hy6b0kK-th0OEcyxy1taoXqv4liP7YHXjik3Jzhu9rI
>
> we should fill in each of our spec projects along the horizontal showing its progress

This is intended to reflect our Web3D - ISO specification processes.  Several months were dedicated early in the year to process review.

	http://www.web3d.org/standards

	http://www.web3d.org/strategy

Some discussion, and repeated request: this table needs to be restructured for readability and to maintain status.  Not able to use it as is.

Perhaps the following refactorings might help:
- swap columns and rows, adjust until printable on one page for proper review/updates.
- separate status table/page for advancement of each specification.

=================

4. HAnim examples, conversions and version 2 support

Don will resume meetings, planned weekly with Joe Williams.

=================

5. X3D Python binding and PyJNIus mapping of X3DJSAIL.

John Carlson and Don Brutzman are working with the PyJNIus mappings for X3DJSAIL Java library.  This work will continue on the x3d-public mailing list.  We will follow the work pattern that served us so successfully in the X3D JSON Encoding development efforts.

=================

6. Mantis issue prioritization

We plan to begin identifying 1-2 issues per week in the agenda.

=================

7. X3D v4 issues list

	X3D version 4
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d4

	X3D Version 4.0 Development
	http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_version_4.0_Development

8. Anything else?

a. Don will follow up on a few lingering issues from past meetings.

Short meeting but productive, we continue each week.  Have fun with X3D!