[x3d-public] [x3d] X3DUOM and validation of dangling references?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:49:37 PDT 2018

More explanation: These reference in V3.0 of X3DUOM refer to nothing present:

Thanks for any clarification.

$ egrep 'X3DVertexAttributeNode|FogCoordinate' X3dUnifiedObjectModel-3.0.xml|grep acceptable
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"/>
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="X3DVertexAttributeNode"
                   acceptableNodeTypes="FogCoordinate"

Maybe these could be added without fields to X3DUOM?

$ svn diff œ| egrep FogCoordinate"|"X3DVertexAttributeNode
+      <AbstractNodeType name="X3DVertexAttributeNode">
+         <InterfaceDefinition specificationUrl="http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/shaders.html#X3DVertexAttributeNode"
+      <ConcreteNode name="FogCoordinate">
+         <InterfaceDefinition specificationUrl="http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/enveffects.html#FogCoordinate">Sent from Mail for Windows 10

We could discuss adding parameters for version.  Did we already discuss this?

John