[x3d-public] FW: X3DJSAIL. Getting a lot of new warnings. Advise?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Apr 1 08:30:52 PDT 2019

On 3/31/2019 12:33 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> python ../../../../../content/examples/ConformanceNist/BindableNodes/Fog/defau
>
> lt_binding_proto.py
>
> Warning: meta name newValue="disclaimer" has an unrecognized value not matching
>
> any of the optional string tokens.
>
> Warning: /x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist/BindableNo
>
> des/Fog/default_binding_proto.new.x3d does not meet suggested X3D naming convent
>
> ions, output serialization continuing...
>
> Warning: meta name newValue="disclaimer" has an unrecognized value not matching
>
> any of the optional string tokens.
>
> Model diagnostic: f this conformance scene is maintained by the X3D Working Group, http://www.web3
>
> d.org/working-groups/x3d'/>
>
> WARNING_MESSAGE: ProtoInstance name='FogProto' DEF='' USE='' is missing containe
>
> rField relationship to parent node, assuming containerField='children' from init
>
> ial node in corresponding ProtoDeclare. Need to fix ProtoInstance definition in
>
> model source.
>
> Warning: toFileX3D() is overwriting prior file /x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/conte
>
> nt/examples/ConformanceNist/BindableNodes/Fog/default_binding_proto.new.x3d

i will recheck that one...  specifically:
WARNING_MESSAGE: ProtoInstance name='FogProto' DEF='' USE='' is missing containe
rField relationship to parent node, assuming containerField='children' from init
ial node in corresponding ProtoDeclare. Need to fix ProtoInstance definition in
model source.

this warning does not occur when i build using latest X3DJSAIL on my machine.

so yes please recheck your configuration.

complete, recent X3DJSAIL build output of X3D Examples Archive conversion .x3d -> .java can be found at

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.java.all.log.txt

excerpt:
===================================
E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\ConformanceNist/BindableNodes/Fog/default_binding_proto.java produced from default_binding_proto.x3d
[meta] name='info' content='Correct definition and compliance of this conformance scene is maintained by the X3D Working Group, http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d'
Compiling 1 source file to E:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\ConformanceNist\classes
now run and validate the java model
java -classpath classes;../../../stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.full.jar ConformanceNist.BindableNodes.default_binding_proto
Warning: meta name newValue="disclaimer" has an unrecognized value not matching any of the optional string tokens.
Java program "default_binding_proto" self-validation test results: success

> I believe the output remains the same see above . Do we want “WARNING_MESSAGE: …” or not?  Should we patch the archive files previously sent or not?

each of the metadata and overwrite warnings is legitimate and ignorable or improvable (author's choice).

if there is an error that is fixable in example archive scenes, i fix it.  otherwise we provide suitable warnings, visibility is more helpful than silence.

> I have updated my local code from svn and rebuilt, but will try again.

you can always download latest X3DJSAIL full.jar from website for a second opinion, access simply by modifying classpath to compare outputs.

> Suggest creating an ant target for python, a single X3D file in pyjnius folder that runs process.x3d and process.python ant targets, suggested example is HelloWorld…x3d from the java examples.
>
> John

agreed.  as reported separately got halfway there this past weekend, still wrestling with configuration issues on second windows machine.