[x3d-public] [Semantics] X3D Semantic Web Working Group 14 MAR2019: structural and conceptual semantics, semantic mapping MINUTES

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 17:49:32 PDT 2019

Here’s some more buzzword generated phrases:

Systems Generator (computer science generator)
Systems Assembly
Assembly Systems (instead of assembly lines)
Assembly Planets
Planet Recognizer (like a self-driving car, Kepler space telescope)
Systems Recognizer
Recognizer Generator
Generator Recognizer

Management Systems
Maintenance Systems

Systems Management
Systems Maintenance

World Management
World Maintenance

Now you know where Elon Musk is getting his ideas from.

How do we build a generator recognizer? Lexer/parser/convolution neural networks.  What if what we are recognizing is chaotic?
How do we build a recognizer generator (autobuild parsers/lexers/CNNs)? How do we bring chaotic semantics and chaotic semiotics into this?

I don’t think we should limit ourselves to parsers and lexers.  We should be focused on recognizing systems, or systems templates, or step up a level to worlds.  This is a couple of levels above the AI “scripts” of the 70s.    And likely around the level of AI actors, but more like the social networks of the 2000s

Let’s step out of the encoding/schema/standards/language/document world, and start talking about the X3D systems, X3D networks, and X3D worlds.  Let’s plan it before it just happens (or happens without us).

If this helps, I think of the generator as the teacher, and the recognizer as the student.  The systems in this case are systems of thinking and doing.

You can think of the generator as the priest and the recognizer as the adherent.  The systems in this case are belief systems.

How do we recognize a X3D world? Does it have a “look and feel”?  By an extension on the filename?

I would like to work on Management and Maintenance Systems or Worlds, in particular those dealing with Query (where did we see this before, and what did we do?), Uncertainty or Probability.  This is because I have one customer, and a small amount of data.  I think I can get more information if I can collect system logs from many systems.  This is a fairly new area for me. Have we thought of how people manage X3D worlds?  Have we collected information on this?   What about maintenance?   Michalis?  Gina? Anyone else? How can we coordinate ideas on maintenance?

How do we fit that into SP-ARK?

Where am I taking this?   Way beyond the scheme of parser/generators I hope.  Think about parsing and generating planets.

We have a syntax.  Do we have example semantics yet?   Beyond that, should we discuss sign processes, systems and worlds?

John
Sent from Mail for Windows 10