[x3d-public] ScreenSensor, was: LineSensor

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:26:16 PDT 2019

Hi Leonard,

I kept puzzling over your comment. The main function of the
dragsensors is to translate from pixel/screen units to world
units/coordinate systems which requires some kind of 2d to 3d
translation. Why would you not count this difference ? This
translation is quite difficult to do and benefits from a consistency
across scenes and systems. So screen-aligned PlaneSensor is not about
the event system and in fact does not introduce any new events. So I
am not sure how the question about events applies ? Is about the
DragSensors in general ?

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch