[x3d-public] My paraphrased version of AI history and its future with X3D XML andX3D JSON

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 02:57:52 PDT 2019

Chandu, steps 13-16 is why you don’t want to get stuck at too low of level. You won’t be prepared to create networks and systems.  Building an OS is fine, but it’s slightly more complex to build a network, or network of networks.  I was building network systems before I graduated from college as an undergraduate.  No one taught me anything about sockets or networking.  I learned it on my own.  Business knowledge has a similar growth in complexity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_of_hierarchical_complexity

How can we grow the X3D to include 13-16. Is that what we’re doing with X3Dv4?

Bret Victor and Alan Kay are now reaching up to level 15. “dynamic land” “dynamic data visualization”
Linus Torvalds’ level 15 effort was “Git”.

How far do you want to go? Dynamic planet? Dynamic galaxy? Dynamic universe?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10