[x3d-public] X3D python language binding, pyjnius validation

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 05:50:50 PDT 2019

How well is setting CLASSPATH environmental variable working for you?   I couldn’t get that to work with pyjnius, I think pyjnius has it’s own internal setting.   That’s what I’ve gotten working. Please examine last few lines of autoclass.py to add your changes to classpath. I haven’t found the perfect solution, but I suggest we grab the CLASSPATH from the environment in autoclass.py and use that value to split and send to jnius_config.set_classpath, if we can spread out an array to arguments to set_classpath.

Here’s what appears possible.  Note that Android users will have to do something different.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41353826/how-to-use-my-java-class-in-kivy-app-using-kivy-launcher

Note that setting the classpath in autoclass.py overrides any attempt to set a CLASSPATH external or internal to ant.  I believe that’s mentioned in links off the above one.

Yes, I have tried getting rid of the setting in autoclass.py and X3Dautoclass.py, and can try again setting a external CLASSPATH if you like. Let me know.  Or try to duplicate the problem.  I really don’t like setting the CLASSPATH in python, but it will help idiot users who really want to set their CLASSPATH and we don’t know their system looks like.

I think I’ll try again.

John
Sent from Mail for Windows 10