[x3d-public] SAI futures

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Apr 22 21:03:34 PDT 2019

No need (Dick please chime in here).

We have an abstract SAI reference 19775-2 which is supposed to be matched by all the SAI language bindings, mapping X3D types to their respective native programming-language types.

Defining at those mappings for each programming language is what each specification is about.

So we either follow our our own specifications correctly + consistently, or someone is building something else entirely.

In X3DJSAIL all of the strictly defined mappings are included in the org.web3d.x3d.sai package tree.  There are also a bunch of org.web3d.x3d.jsail.* classes and methods, for programmer convenience, which don't have to be supported by anything else.

Hope that explains the relationships OK.