[x3d-public] Status, X3DPSAIL

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Apr 30 09:32:42 PDT 2019

On 4/26/2019 2:50 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> I suggest a way to call initialize() in the pipelining tree after all initialize fields have been set.

1. I found an omission in initialize() method (rarely triggered) and these methods now clear SFNode protoInstance alternative.

2. The initialize method is typically called by object constructors, it resets the object to default state.

Meanwhile you can invoke it as a programmer if you want to reuse an object, in preparation for setting new values without worry that old settings might linger.  This is a typical Java convention.

modified Javadoc for next build:

	/** Initialize all member variables to default values, which resets the object to default state. */