[x3d-public] Status, X3DPSAIL (another error)

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Apr 30 09:35:10 PDT 2019

On 4/26/2019 2:28 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> This is a problem with the interface not having an addChild method, yet the concrete class does.  setProxy returns a concrete object type (CollisionObject), yet the interface, returns a Collision interface type.   The interface has no addChild method. Suggestion is to use addChildren instead of addChild, but addChildren is undesirable for pipelining, so I am stuck. I need an addChild method in the interface, I think.  Note that I think that that concrete class violates the interface by returning a concrete class type instead of an interface type for setProxy.

yes it is sometimes tricky to discern the correct method, but the .java source (which compiles) helps provide examples in that regard.

note that we can't but a any kind of addChild/addChilren on X3DConcreteClass because not all concrete nodes have children.

> Note: setProxy is called twice on CollisionObject.  I believe this is an error in the serializer, but I haven’t found it yet.

yes is the cause of that error.  it should be addChild or addChilren on the second call.