[x3d-public] Is there even a *case* for client-side 3D at all??

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Apr 30 10:21:50 PDT 2019

Thanks for your post, sincerely appreciated.  As ever this is a pretty passionate community, even when only a few folks sound off!

It is easy for many people to misconstrue advertising dollars and matching marketing as the only 3D game in town.

Because we are so careful and deliberate and guided by the open Web3D process... yes I think X3D is doomed.  Doomed... Doomed to steadily improve, doomed to work in any Web browser and elsewhere, doomed to take full advantage of other Web standards, and doomed to publish durable interoperable stable archival reusable interactive 3D, including all of the working models we have still for 22 years and counting.  What can we possibly be thinking?

Also sincere thanks for the liquidsky link, which shows that some business models never go out of style.  i especially enjoyed the classic refrain:

	Gamers
	Something Big Is Coming...
	Stay tuned for details

Have fun with X3D!  8)