[x3d-public] X3DJSAIL JAXB fix for Netbeans

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Aug 7 18:18:52 PDT 2019

On 8/5/2019 11:13 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> Will NetBeans be affected by new Oracle License? May be something to look into.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

We'll keep tracking this question with you.

Netbeans is under the Apache license now, and is largest Apache project based on lines of code. Still significantly growing.

* Thursday June 21, 2018
   1.5M Lines of NetBeans Code from Oracle to Apache
   https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/1-5m-lines-of-netbeans

* 6 May 2019
   NetBeans Promoted to Top-Level Apache Project
   https://www.infoq.com/news/2019/05/apache-netbeans/

* Monday June 10, 2019
   Apache NetBeans, OpenJFX, and AdoptOpenJDK
   https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/apache-netbeans-openjfx-and-adoptopenjdk

* Monday July 22, 2019
   [ANNOUNCE] Apache NetBeans 11.1 Released
   https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans/entry/announce-apache-netbeans-11-1

* Apache Projects > see Repositories by Lines of Code
   https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html

* Apache License 2.0
   https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0