[x3d-public] Possible new method suggester service based on X3DUOM.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 12:13:17 PDT 2019

I have discovered I have *many* mapToMethod2.js spread all over the place on sourceforge, GitHub, etc.

Can we create a service for providing the contents of mapToMethod.js and mapToMethod2.js served up as an interweaved JSON object?

I suggest working on the java/nashorn branch to provide this on a JavaScript server using node.js and/or php.  Does anyone want to be maintainer of the server? We can deploy to Heroku as an example.

I have many setIS moved to mapToMethod.js from mapToMethod2.js.  Many things need to be retested.

I noticed that http was replaced in many places with https (not a problem that I know of).

Once we fix mapToMethod*.js, we can move to fieldTypes.js.

Steps:
1. Define use cases/user stories
2. Design and Document API
3. Implement reference implementation
4. Test reference implementation
5. Rewrite clients to use services
6. Test clients
7. Deploy to production node.js and php servers.

I need help with 1 and 2.

Is there an easier way to accomplish maintain a single master?

Thanks,

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10