[x3d-public] X3D working group agenda 16 AUG 2019

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Aug 16 07:59:28 PDT 2019

Last week's minutes:

	[x3d-public] X3D meeting minutes 9 AUG 2019
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-August/011188.html

We are looking to discuss the following items today:

- PointProperties signature, Mantis 1258
- PointSet containing Normal node

- Upcoming ISO Standards Committee (SC) 24 meeting in Takamatsu Japan
-- specification update strategies
-- HAnim 2 additional parts for human organs

Primary topic today:  Michalis Kamburelis, glTF, Physically Based Rendering (PBR) and Advanced Lighting Model.

	[x3d-public] My proposal of changes to X3D to enable PBR and other material improvements
	Michalis Kamburelis
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-May/010864.html

Have fun with X3D!  8)

Recently Web3D meetings have switched to Zoom channels, to good effect.  Zoom allows use of internet audio, screen sharing, and chat with links.

We meet regularly on Fridays 0800-0930 pacific.  Connection information is available for members on the following page.

	Web3D Members: Teleconference Information
	https://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
	https://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value.  To become a Web3D Consortium member:
	Join the Web3D Consortium
	https://www.web3d.org/join

We again had difficulty getting connected all at once.  We agreed participants in X3D meetings be prepared to switch to the original Web3D teleconference number.