[x3d-public] [x3d] X3D Working Group minutes 16 AUG 2019:PointProperties/PointSet, IIIF 3D, glTF, ISO preps

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 16 19:49:25 PDT 2019

➢ glTfX3dFeaturesComparison.pdf

The only item I disagree with is:

Morph targets No

I think the hanimDisplacer does ‘morph’ shape or part of a shape by giving the start and end xyz relative displacements of controlled vertices.
When the number of points is allowed to remain the same, then this node uses the same data as would be expected as a shape is animated. I might expect there could be gltf that contains the actual xyz values for begin and end and maybe all inbetweens, rather than the relative displacements, but that would be structured more like a coordinateinterpolator.

Thanks and Best,
Joe