[x3d-public] [x3d] X3D Working Group minutes 16 AUG 2019: PointProperties/PointSet, IIIF 3D, glTF, ISO preps

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:09:46 PDT 2019

To remind:

- Initial (very draft) proposal of my changes to X3D spec, to add PBR
and related features:
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Specification-changes,-to-include-PBR-and-related-features

- More broad overview of PBR:
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Include-PBR-%28PhysicalMaterial-and-related-concepts%29-in-the-official-X3D-specification

Some things unrelated to PBR I wanted to point out:

- Making RGB and grayscale treatment consistent in X3D, I think this
has high priority for X3D 4.0 too:
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Make-RGB-and-grayscale-textures-treatment-consistent

- And my thoughts about deprecating "Programmable Shaders" component
in X3D (in short: let's not do this :) ), on
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Do-not-deprecate-%22Programmable-Shaders%22-component

Regards,
Michalis

śr., 21 sie 2019 o 17:01 Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)