[x3d-public] ANNOUNCE: X3D SAI Libraries for C, C++, C# (X3DCSAIL, X3DCPPSAIL, X3DCSSAIL)

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Aug 30 01:20:38 PDT 2019

We are happy to announce that Dr. Myeong Won Lee of Suwon University South Korea has submitted the following libraries.

X3DCSAIL:   X3D C   Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library
X3DCPPSAIL: X3D C++ Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library
X3DCSSAIL:  X3D C#  Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library

Additional contributors include
* Min-Geun Lee   for C, C++ codebase
* Chul-Hee Chung for C# codebase

These can all be found in subversion source at
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/languages/
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/languages/c
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/languages/cpp
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/languages/csharp

Closely related are the following libraries:

X3DJSAIL:   X3D Java Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library       (implemented)
X3DPSAIL:   X3D Python Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library     (x3d.py draft)
X3DESAIL:   X3D EcmaScript Scene Access Interface (SAI) Library (possible future)

We also received a simple but excellent Python viewer for X3D that uses the numby, PyQT5 and PyOpenGL libraries.
* Hasung Kim for Python Viewer

https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/languages/python

These contributions are all made under the Web3D Consortium open-source license.
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#license
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/license.html
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/license.txt

Thanks to our colleagues for hard work and magnificent contributions!  This effort was performed as part of

	Web3D Korea Chapter
	http://www.web3d.kr
	https://www.web3d.org/about/chapters

*Test reports and candidate improvements are most welcome*.  Once best-practice design patterns are established, we are further considering how source-code autogeneration might be performed by applying the following.

	X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM)
	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3DUOM.html

All of this work is helping us reach the goal of very thorough support for

	X3Dv4 Strategy
	https://www.web3d.org/x3dv4

Have fun with X3D in every major programming language!  8)