[x3d-public] HTML slider and TimeSensor scrubbing behavior

Mike McCann mccann at mbari.org
Fri Dec 13 10:24:05 PST 2019

Hello,

I have a TimeSensor that drives Position and Orientation Interpolators via ROUTEd fraction _changed and set_ events.

The fraction_changed event out is also connected to an HTML slider (<input type=“range”>) via X3DOM’s onoutputchange() attribute.

The HTML slider shows the progress of the animation, but I’d also like to use it to control the fraction of the animation, much like one can scrub through a video with a timeline slider.

It seems that if I were able to set the fraction of the TimeSensor from the HTML slider I could achieve my goal, but there is not a set_fraction event in for it.

Is there a best practice or any suggestions for how I may achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

P.S. Though my immediate need is to implement this in X3DOM, I’d think that this might be a common use case, so I’m cross-posting on x3d-public.

--
Mike McCann
Software Engineer