[x3d-public] HTML slider and TimeSensor scrubbing behavior

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 05:07:12 PST 2019

> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for the memory jog. I recall doing it this way in pure VRML.
>
> What I can?t figure out is how to ?route? the output of the HTML slider into X3DOM's Interpolators. Is there an attribute in the x3dom runtime that I can set?
>
> -Mike

Hi Mike,

as in Vince's example, you should be able use the set_fraction field
of the interpolator as attribute.
InterpolatorNode.setAttribute('set_field', newValuefromSlider) should
work.

It might work to use a timesensor's fraction_changed as an _offset_ to
the last position of the slider when the play button was pressed.

This probably means that the startTime of the timesensor needs to be
reset to now each time playing begins after scrubbing.

-Andreas

Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453