[x3d-public] X3D-Edit 3.3 Editor Question

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Sun Dec 15 10:18:56 PST 2019

Bob

Some extra information might help us work this out

1. Are you running X3D-Edit as a standalone application, or as a plugin to the NetBeans IDE?. Your needs may vary, but overall I think using the NetBeans plugin works better.
Can you say what version of X3D-Edit?

2. When the Xj3D window appears, does the saved file path appear in the Location text box along the top, and does any status message appear in the lower left corner?. A successful
file read results in a status "Main File Complete". If the file path is present, can you check the browser console window, which is an icon in the lower right corner that looks like a cartoon Declaration of Independence. Xj3D is fairly strict about file conformance, so it's possible that a file which FreeWRL happily renders gets rejected by Xj3D.

3. If the Xj3D window appears with a blank screen, do you get a better outcome by clicking the "Open" button of the Xj3D windows, navigating to your test.x3d file, and opening it that way?

The community welcomes your questions; we want to improve your authoring experience and working your issue out will probably help others as well.

Vince Marchetti