[x3d-public] X3Dv4 Audio properties, Sound component and W3C Web Audio: new submission review

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Dec 16 12:34:16 PST 2019

Attendees: Efi, Thanos, Don.  Regrets Dick.

We reviewed excellent progress today.

1. *Github, Mantis*

Efi and Thanos are now approved participants in github project.  They have (or will soon confirm) member access on web3d.org

Web address:
- https://github.com/Web3DConsortium

X3Dv4 sound component:
- https://github.com/Web3DConsortium/X3D/blob/master/ISO-IEC19775/ISO-IEC19775-1/ISO-IEC19775-1v4.0/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-WD1/Part01/components/sound.html

We looked at CSS markup for spec changes:

* X3Dv4 Draft Specification available to public now!
   https://www.web3d.org/news-story/x3dv4-draft-specification-available-public-now

* X3Dv4 Public Working Draft Specification
   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-WD1/Part01/X3D.html

We reviewed Web3D intellectual property rights (IPR) document

* Web3d.org > ABOUT > DOCUMENTS > [3] Web3D Consortium Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy
   https://www.web3d.org/sites/default/files/page/Join%20the%20Web3D%20Consortium/Web3D_IPR.pdf

Then went into Mantis issue tracker:

* web3d.org then login as member, then MEMBERS > CONTENT > MANTIS ISSUE TRACKER
* Second login needed: " login (again) to the membership system." links to
   https://www.web3d.org/member-management/member/index

* Mantis page: https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

* Mantis issue 1267: Strategies to Improve X3Dv4 Audio and Sound Component
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1267

==============================

2. *Example X3DOM source*

This will be posted on a new server and shared with x3dom-developers at lists.sourceforge.net list.

The demos look excellent and dramatic.

==============================

3. *Example models*

The example files are also big and will be posted separately on the server, and also shared as an attachment via Mantis.

Mantis is good for large files, but it is private to members.

Next step will be to take the examples and I will put them online.  Likely location is

	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Sound

There is also a document describing the code in concert with the examples.

Efi will share, Don will put it into corresponding sourceforge directory.

	https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Sound

Here we go, implementing and evaluating!  8)

Thanks guys.  Having fun with X3Dv4...