[x3d-public] Meta-semantic Web3d

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 09:17:27 PST 2019

I say go ahead with Loren’s suggestion.   If we can find a way to do this
in Typescript, all the better.

We might want a meta library which deals with X3DUOM, schema, ontology
(Meta file formats).   Similar to what we have for JSON, XML, VRML,
knowledge base (file formats). Aka X3DJSAIL, X3DJSONLD.   Let me know if
you want me to sketch out a schema or package/class hierarchy—perhaps based
on X3DUOM’s schema.

I am thinking of another package, org.web3d.x3d.reflect... if we can’t find
an existing one.   This will allow us to convert between schemas,
ontologies and object models.

Obviously, we will leverage existing stylesheets which convert schema to
object model and convert object model to schema and ontology.

I propose the term X3D Reflect for the artifact, but some may prefer X3DMOP.

I will volunteer for implementing a JSON schema input/output library for
X3D Reflect.  I can also provide the base for a python library for reading
some of  the X3DUOM into python classes (requires more of an OO library)

Should we bring this up in some meeting?

John