[x3d-public] Community Based Evolution of Virtual Worlds and Specifications

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 04:50:16 PST 2019

I am working on a design pattern for a prediction application, a “document based” system. It follows the standard model of computing, namely, processing and I/O so that’s good. The input is a document describing how the system is fairing (is there an ontology for this?), and the output is proposed changes to keep the system running. However, I don’t have clear idea of what “prediction” is (what will fail next?).  In a virtual world, this seems to be changes. If someone has a way to predict changes to a virtual world (perhaps just predicting occupants), specifications, or the world itself (I think that weather, stock market, the direction of your car and health might be predictable), let me know,  I will proceed with “changes” leaving “predictions” for later integration.

Community Based Evolution of Virtual Worlds and Specifications: “Evolving a Virtual Community”
Input (Virtual World, Possible Changes, diagrams of changes in specification, new models/transforms, changed models/transforms, deleted models/transforms, Pull requests, Issues, test cases)
                                                                              Polling in Virtual World
Implementation Committee (Processing)←Meeting in Virtual World
                                                                             Prototypes of Changes (Predictions)
Output (votes, attendance, Changes, Recorded decision to change ala GitHub, pull request, reviewers, completed specifications, Changed World, suggestions for future changes)

[ Desire: GitHub which shows declarative worlds,  GitHub which predicts it’s contents ]

This might be more easily done on a Wiki.

I think I might have a problem between discrete changes (more like above) and continuous changes (more predictable)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10