[x3d-public] Do modern browsers DO VRML??

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:26:33 PST 2019

vmarchetti at kshell.com <vmarchetti at kshell.com> wrote:
> Blender has long had support for X3D and many of us use Blender. If the v 2.8 beta is missing X3D export it's probably a packaging and deployment glitch, and the Web3D Consortium will work with Blender community to continue support of X3D by Blender.

Blender 2.8 changed the script API in an incompatible way, and all the
exporter scripts need to be updated. There is a bugreport on
https://developer.blender.org/T59727 about the X3D export/import in
Blender, you can subscribe to it. It is basically waiting for a
developer that volunteers to do the job. I'm sure it will happen at
some point, but it hasn't happened yet.

Regards,
Michalis