[x3d-public] Do modern browsers DO VRML??

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Sat Feb 16 08:43:42 PST 2019

No, you will not need to be proficient in XML to start learning X3D.

The XML encoding of X3D does not use the more complex features of XML.

The key to success is remembering that though XML 'looks like' HTML, most XML parser are intolerant of not closing tags.

Most developers' text editors can detect XML syntax errors.

Moreover, as discussed earlier, you can make good progress learning X3D and continue using VRML syntax.