[x3d-public] Showcase: 3D maps showing sea level change using X3D/X3DOM

Mike McCann mccann at mbari.org
Wed Feb 20 09:36:18 PST 2019

Hello Magnus,

This is a very intuitive and informative interactive presentation!

I agree that X3D/X3DOM is a smoother choice, especially when we have limited time and need to do a lot of data preparation.

I notice that you use a single ElevationGrid and can understand why, as it’s simpler to integrate the Sea level adjustment component of your application.

Just a note regarding dealing with geospatial data: X3DOM also has the Geospatial component – if GeoElevationGrid were used then other data might be more easily added to the scene using latitude, longitude, elevation coordinates, rather than having to first convert to custom coordinates needed for each ElevationGrid.

-Mike