[x3d-public] X3D doesn't need plugins, right?

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Thu Feb 28 08:12:38 PST 2019

On 2/28/2019 7:50 AM, iam here wrote:
> > Since then X3DOM and X_ITE were released
>
> OK, so as of today,.....things just work, right? :) ie. I code X3D and
> it shows up in <whatever browser>?

Well not really. You need to include the appropriate libraries and embed
the X3D code into an HTML page. There are X3D nodes and constructs that
are speced but do not work in X_ITE or X3DOM. Basic nodes and constructs
do work, but as soon as you need to do something really useful, it will
not work. The X3D Script does not exist in X3DOM, 'id' attributes are a
problem in all HTML environments, and none of the libraries fully
support DOM integration.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant