[x3d-public] Good books

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 10 11:02:22 PST 2019

➢ … starting right from the basics, through till advanced stuff?
➢

So, you have the basics when you can execute an example of something that interests you and you can make some basic changes to the user code and observe expected and predicted results.

➢ … but that one is from 2007!

It looks like the most accessible x3d now is by the domified  X3DOM  so use some examples and simple text editor and html5 browser.
Please don’t overlook looking at the entire collection of x3d standards.
>From 2017 X3DOM proven.
>From 2007, mostly same stuff with extensions and SAI.
>From 1997, mostly same stuff xmlized.
>From 1987, then all very proprietary science and entertainment simulations barely exposed or available to the public.
Always, basically free and you can read it.

How about looking at the web3d.org various working group topics and goals.
Study some of the examples of work in various topics.

At this time, If you study the humanoid along with the rigid body physics, that would be a fine introduction.
Since x3d is so basic, most everything you learn about anything computer graphics and realtime/virtualtime local or distributed interactive scenegraph(s) has some x3d feature set , sobe there
.

Good Luck and Best Regards,
Joe