[x3d-public] X3D Teleconference: Samsung VR (SVR)

Nicholas Polys npolys at vt.edu
Fri Jan 11 09:01:47 PST 2019

This came up on the X3D WG call today as we reviewed history and approaches
3d 3DUI for VR and AR

 3D User Interfaces for Virtual Reality and Games:
 Siggraph 2018 Course Notes
https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3214869

2008
 Don't be a WIMP
https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1401164

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) <
brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> We plan to hold our regular weekly teleconference today.
>
> Guest speaker is Mitch Williams who is leading our VR/AR/MAR efforts.
> Attached please find recent progress in the Samsung VR (SVR) project.  This
> is new name for the ongoing work in GearVRF implementing X3D in open-source
> Java.

> brutzman at nps.edu
> X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics
> http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman

Nicholas F. Polys, Ph.D.

Director of Visual Computing
Virginia Tech Research Computing

Affiliate Professor
Virginia Tech Department of Computer Science