[x3d-public] Anchor target within scene

Albert Jan Wonnink awonnink at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:35:05 PST 2019

One of the most useful implementations of the anchor in our experimental XR browser was to be able to specify a (Transform) node within the 3D scene as a target,  where the new x3d content would be displayed.
(This mimics the functionality of the (I)frame in 2d)

It allowed us for example to define some objects as (3d) buttons, each with and anchor to a X3D file containing a model, and each having the same target specification, being a node at a suitable presentation location.
Each button would then load and display another object at that location (replacing the former content of only that node).
This doesn't seem possible by the current specification (except by JavaScript), or is it?

Regards,

Albert Jan wonnink