[x3d-public] HAnim: Here's several examples where the @name isn't right in JSON. Perhaps we should allow more than the enumeration

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jan 12 15:35:33 PST 2019

Hi John, status update.  After MUCH work by Joe Williams, Myeong Won Lee, Dick Puk, William Glascoe and the HAnim Working Group, we have completed a significant update to all of the allowed names in HAnim.  Final Draft International Specification (FDIS) is being sent to ISO.

In the coming weeks you will see these name changes starting to get reflected in the X3D XML Schema, X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM) and X3DJSAIL validation.  This progress will let us write even-better validation rules that verify correct parent-child relationships (no leg bone connected to nose bone) for human-compliant Level of Articulation LOA-0, 1, 2, 3, 4 models.

These changes are only getting reflected in X3Dv4 schemas.  Conversions of names (when occasionally needed) will likely also be offered using X3D-Tidy.  Online example updates will then follow, to include the .json versions (since they are already part of the build process).  Likely we will be able to improve (or autogenerate improvements) to the X3D JSON schema as well.

This progress and planned work will be part of our group scrutiny in the Korea Chapter meetings in Seoul in another week.  Thanks for keeping an eye on things, your testing has definitely informed our sustained progress working on the right problems.

v/r Don